Mount Sabalan Hiking Tour
Duration: 5 days
Hiking days: 3 days
Hiking grade: moderate / strenuous
Max altitude: 4811 m
Trekking style: Mountain shelter, Camp
Best Season: Jun to Oct
Sabalan (Persian: سبلان, Azerbaijani: Savalan, ساوالان) (4811 meters) is an inactive stratovolcano in Ardabil province of northwestern Iran. It is the third highest mountain in Iran and has a permanent crater lake formed at its summit. Sabalan has a ski resort (Alvares) and different tourist areas such as the Sarein spa. The nomadic people of the area live in small villages, with their round "Yurt" tents appealing to tourism. The mountain is known for its beautiful vistas. According to some beliefs, the Mount Savalan was the place where Zoroaster meditated for some years, so Mt. Savalan is one of the important sacred places in Zoroastrianism. The nomadic people of the area live in small villages, with their round "Yurt" tents appealing to tourism.
The climbing surface includes rocks of various sizes (Class 2 scrambling), and a moderate degree of fitness is required to climb it. The climb from the base camp starts easy, becomes challenging mid-way, and then eases in gradient near the top. The lake on the top remains frozen except for about four weeks in late July to early August.
|Day 1:||Flying from Tehran to Ardebil, checking into the hotel, visiting “Sheikh Safi” complex (a Unesco world heritage|
|Day 2:||Driving to “Shabil” village, located in the elevation of 2800 meters, hiking for 3 hours to the elevation of 3700 meters. Overnight stay in camp|
|Day 3:||Ascending to the summit early in the morning, visiting the lake on top of the summit, heading back for the camp|
|Day 4:||Returning to “shabil” village, heading towards the beautiful mountainous city of Sarein and enjoying the mineral water spas|
|Day 5:||Heading back to Ardebil and Tehran|
Prices totally depend on the size of the group, timing, and transfer mode.
Included in the price
- All surface transfers as per itinerary from Tehran to Tehran by private vehicle.
- Bed or room in mountain shelter and camp in the base.
- Three meals with tea and coffee during the Hike.
- All expenses of our guide and porter
- Necessary permit for climbing Sabalan
- Professional English spiking mountain guide.
- Car for carrying the back packs up to the 3700-meter shelter for large groups.
Not included in the price
- Iran visa fee (for more information please read VISA INFORMATION)
- Personal equipment and clothing
- Your insurances
- Cold drinks and beverages, tips, personal nature expenses
Mount Sabalan Hiking Tour Duration: 5 days Hiking days: 3 days Hiking grade: moderate / strenuous Max altitude: 4811 m Trekking style: Mountain shelter, Camp Best Season: Jun to Oct