Alam-Kuh Hiking Tour
Alam-Kuh Hiking Tour
Duration: 5 days
Hiking days: 3 days
Hiking grade: moderate / strenuous
Max altitude: 4848 m
Trekking style: Mountain shelter, Camp
Best Season: Jun to Oct
ʿAlam-Kūh (Persian: علم کوه; also: Alam Kooh) - Mount Alam - is a mountain in the Alborz mountain range in the north of Iran, Mazandaran Province, forming a peak of the Takht-e Suleyman Massif. It is located in the Kelardasht District of the Mazandaran Province of Iran. With an elevation of 4,848 meters, it is the second highest peak in Iran behind Mount Damavand.
The mountain range supports permanent snow and glaciers. One of the most technical rock climbing walls with an elevation of 500 meters is located in the north face of Alam kuh. Although the southern slopes of the range tend to be dry and barren, the northern valleys leading to the Caspian Sea (which offer the best approaches to the mountains) are wet and lush with vegetation
Heading from Tehran to Roudbarak (a small city in east of Alamkuh with an elevation of 2300 meters and beautiful roads which will surprise you). Overnight stay in a hiking inn.
Driving up to the height of 2800 meters. Starting to hike for 3 hours up the elevation of 3400 meters. Overnight stay in camp.
Visiting “Lashgarak” lake in the elevation of 3800 meters for acclimatization.
Ascending the summit, hiking for 5 hours and returning to the camp.
Heading back for Roudbarak and Tehran
Prices totally depend on the size of the group, timing, and transfer mode.
Included in the price
- All surface transfers as per itinerary from Tehran to Tehran by private vehicle.
- Bed or room in mountain shelter and camp in the base.
- Three meals with tea and coffee during the Hike.
- All expenses of our guide and porter
- Necessary permit for climbing Alamkooh
- Professional English spiking mountain guide.
- Mules for carrying the back packs up to the 3800-meter camp site for large groups.
Not included in the price
- Iran visa fee (for more information please read VISA INFORMATION)
- Personal equipment and clothing
- Cold drinks and beverages, tips, personal nature expenses