Mount Damavand Hiking Tour
Duration: 5 days
Hiking days: 4 days
Hiking grade: moderate / strenuous
Max altitude: 5671 m
Trekking style: Mountain shelter/Camp
Best Season: Jon to Oct
|Day 1:||Drive from Tehran to “Rineh” mountain village. Overnight in “Rineh mountain complex” hotel/shelter (2400 M).|
|Day 2:||Transfer by 4WD cars to hiking start point, start hiking to “Simorgh” shelter (4200 M) with about 3 hours normal hiking. Overnight in camp or shelter.|
|Day 3:||Acclimatization day, ascend till (5000m) for acclimatizing and return to shelter. Overnight in shelter or shelter.|
|Day 4:||Ascend to Damavand peak (5671 M) in about 6 hours climbing and descend to shelter (4200 M). Overnight in shelter or shelter.|
|Day 5:||Descend back to “Goosfandsara” and drive to Tehran. End of the tour|
Prices totally depend on the size of the group, timing, and transfer mode.
Please contact us for exact prices and further details
Group departure dates
5 days classic route
9th July -13th July 2017
30th July –3th August 2017
6th August -10th August 2017
20th August -24th August 2017
Included in the price
- All surface transfers as per itinerary from Tehran to Tehran by private vehicle.
- Bed or room in mountain shelter and camp in the base.
- Three meals with tea and coffee during the Hike.
- All expenses of our guide and porter
- Necessary permit for climbing Damavand
- Professional English spiking mountain guide.
- Mules for carrying the back packs up to the 4200-meter shelter for large groups. (for groups less than 10 pax, 25€ will be added)
Not included in the price
- Iran visa fee (for more information please read VISA INFORMATION)
- Personal equipment’s and clothing
- Your insurances
- Cold drinks and beverages, tips, personal nature expenses
FAQs on Mount Damavand Hiking
How fit do I need to be for this Hike? Can people of my age do this Hike?
Everyone with good fitness and without any physical problems can do this Hike. Doing exercises like swimming, running, and tracking before arriving to Iran will help a lot.
The most important things to consider for a successful Damavand hike are right amount of walking and enough rest - at least two days of rest /acclimatization.