Duration: 5 days
Hiking days: 4 days
Hiking grade: moderate / strenuous
Max altitude: 5671 m
Trekking style: Mountain shelter
Best Season: Jon to Oct
Tour Price (From 450 Euro)
Group departure dates
5 days classic route
6th July -10th July 2019
20th July –24th July 2019
10th August -14th August 2019
24th August -28th August 2019
|Day 1:||drive from Tehran to “Rineh” mountain village. Overnight in “Rineh mountain complex” hotel/shelter (2400 M).|
|Day 2:||Transfer to “Goosfand sra”(2950 M), start hiking till "Bargah-e-sevom" shelter (4200m) in about 4-5 hours. Overnight in shelter.|
|Day 3:||ascend till frozen waterfall -"Ābshār-e Yakhī"- (5000m) for acclimatizing and return to shelter. Overnight in shelter.|
|Day 4:||ascend to Damavand peak (5671m) in about 7 hours and descend to shelter. Overnight in shelter.|
|Day 5:||descend back to “Goosfandsara” and Tehran where our tour ends.|
|Group size||1 Pax||2 Pax||3 Pax||4-6 Pax||7-12 Pax||13-20 Pax|
Prices totally depend on the size of the group, timing, and transfer mode.
Please contact us for exact prices and further details
Airport transportation per Taxi 10 Euros
Accommodation in Arian Hostel Tehran 10 Euros per bed and breakfast per night
Included in the price
- All surface transfers as per itinerary from Tehran to Tehran by private vehicle.
- Bed or room in mountain shelter and camp in the base.
- Three meals with tea and coffee during the Hike.
- All expenses of our guide and porter
- Necessary permit for climbing Damavand
- Professional English spiking mountain guide.
- Mules for carrying the back packs up to the 4200-meter shelter for large groups (above 10 people).
Not included in the price
- Iran visa fee (for more information please read VISA INFORMATION)
- Personal equipment’s and clothing
- Your insurances
- Cold drinks and beverages, tips, personal nature expenses
FAQs on Mount Damavand Hiking
How fit do I need to be for this Hike? Can people of my age do this Hike?
Everyone with good fitness and without any physical problems can do this Hike. Doing exercises like swimming, running, and tracking before arriving to Iran will help a lot.
The most important things to consider for a successful Damavand hike are right amount of walking and enough rest - at least two days of rest /acclimatization.
classic route map